Opportunity – Event Center Manager
Position Title: Part-Time Event Specialist
Reports To: Event Center Manager
Job Summary: This position will handle a variety of facility care, including set-up and break-down of conference rooms according to event orders as well as maintain cleanliness standards for equipment and meeting rooms. Does some custodial-type work, greets guests, assists with minor audiovisual needs, and other event-related duties.
• Set up and tear down for events.
• Custodial type work.
• Assisting with simple AV needs, and working with guests.
• Assisting caterers as needed, and keeping the area clean.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs continuously, as well as stand for extended periods of time.
• Having excellent organizational skills, and being able to lift items up high as well as bend low.
• Must be team-oriented, willing to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings and weekends, good at prioritizing, and very detail-oriented.
Compensation for this position will be negotiated with the applicant and will be based on qualifications and experience. The City of Buckhannon is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
**To apply, please submit a letter of interest and resume to EventCenter@VisitBuckhannon.org**