Opportunity – Event Center Manager
Position Title: Part-Time Event Specialist
Reports To: Event Center Manager
Job Summary: This position will handle a variety of facility care, including set-up and break-down of conference rooms according to event orders as well as maintain cleanliness standards for equipment and meeting rooms. Does some custodial-type work, greets guests, assists with minor audiovisual needs, and other event-related duties.
• Set up and tear down for events.
• Custodial type work.
• Assisting with simple AV needs, and working with guests.
• Assisting caterers as needed, and keeping the area clean.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs continuously, as well as stand for extended periods of time.
• Having excellent organizational skills, and being able to lift items up high as well as bend low.
• Must be team-oriented, willing to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings and weekends, good at prioritizing, and very detail-oriented.
Compensation for this position will be negotiated with the applicant and will be based on qualifications and experience. The Upshur County CVB is an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
**To apply, please submit a letter of interest and resume to EventCenter@VisitBuckhannon.org by December 16th**